tv shows to binge during the holidays

by - 07:00




Holidays are all about relaxing, spending time with family and friends and taking a break from our busy lives. At least that's what I like to do during the holidays. A major part of my chill time is binge-watching some great TV shows and not leaving my bed. If that's what you like to do on your downtime as well, this post is for you. I want to share some of the shows that I absolutely adore and that I think are worth your time. I've re-watched some of these shows more times that I'd like to admit. But that just goes to show how great they are. 

Drama shows you need to watch

Gossip Girl

Fist and foremost, you need to watch Gossip Girl. If you haven't already watched this amazing show, you need to come out from under that rock you've been living under and start watching it now. This time of year always makes me want to re-watch this show and I've just finished it a few weeks ago. I'm afraid to admit exactly how many times I've watched the entirety of the show, so I won't. 



This is a cult show about the kids of the Upper East Side. It shows the glamorous life of some of the richest people in New York. It's scandalous, dramatic, full of plot twists and surprises. The main characters are teenagers from very rich families who are navigating life with the help of their trust funds. We get to see how they change throughout the years, how they grow and become adults. Not only are they rich and popular, but they're also the target of a gossip website called Gossip Girl that airs all of their dirty laundry and pretty much ruins their lives multiple times over the years.

The characters are very layered and you get to know all their different sides throughout the show. Other than that, the relationships between them are pretty complicated and it's super interesting to follow their journeys. It's very appealing to watch a show that pays so much attention to details, the wardrobe and the sets. Everything is very luxurious and expensive and it seems like a dream world. The storyline never gets boring or predictable as they really like to introduce new characters and surprise the viewers with a bunch of twits. I promise, you've never watched a show with so much drama and it's simply incredible. I think it's safe to say this is among my all-time favorite shows, and that's a big statement.

Why Women Kill

If you're looking for an intriguing and captivating drama series, but you can't really commit to watching 6 seasons of it, I recommend Why Women Kill. There's only one season so far, so you can binge it in a matter of days, if not hours. 


This is a show that follows three different couples who've lived in the same house. One couple is from the 60s, the second one from the 80s and the third from 2019. All of the stories end with death, which is pretty obvious. However, the interesting thing is that you don't know who the killer is, who the victim is or why until the very end. It's not a predictable, cliché show. It's very gripping and it will fully grab your attention. If you want a quick, but dramatic and unique show to watch over the Christmas break, this one is a great choice.

Comedy shows to binge

Friends

I couldn't exactly talk about binge-watching TV shows without at least mentioning Friends. This is, no doubt, the show I've re-watched the most times and I can quote pretty much every single scene. 


If you're looking for a funny show to distract you during the holidays, you can't go wrong with Friends. Whenever I don't know what to watch or I just need something short and fun to watch while taking a break, I always turn to Friends. That's how I end up watching the entire show at least once every year, but that's another topic. I don't think this show needs any explaining as it's a cult classic and everybody has heard of it. So, if you're having a lazy day and you want something that will keep you entertained, you know what to do.

Sex And the City


This show might not scream ''Christmas!'', but it does scream entertainment. Just like Friends, this is another classic show that most people have already watched. However, it's also a show that you can't get bored of and that you can re-watch time and time again. At least that's what I do. I'm currently on the second season of Sex And the City and I am loving it. It's fun, funny, unique and it allows you to turn your brain off and just relax. What more do you need from a sitcom, really? Again, I don't think I need to describe this show to you, you've definitely heard of it. 

The Good Place


The Good Place is a relatively new comedy show that has a very interesting and one of a kind storyline. It's about the afterlife and the idea of heaven and hell, or the good and the bad place. It talks about how people earn the right to go to the good place, if people can change and get better and many other ethical questions. It's super interesting to watch a show that deals with such complex philosophical ideas while still managing to be relatable, funny and easy to follow. It's definitely not like any other sitcom I've watched, so I highly recommend giving it a go. 

So, those are all the TV shows I wanted to talk about. I've watched all of these pretty recently and that's why I wanted to shout them out and recommend them to anyone who's looking for something fun to watch. I absolutely love all of these shows and I hope you will to. Feel free to recommend other TV shows to binge during the holidays in the comments below and I'll talk to you soon. Have fun!

*The photos of the shows are not mine. 

You May Also Like

0 comments