how netflix is ruining my life - all the tv shows i've binged

by - 07:00

I've been gone for a while again. I don't have an excuse. But, I am back and I'm here to tell you how you can waste your time this summer. Basically, I've really wanted to write a post about all the TV shows I've binged on Netflix. I'm about to write mini-reviews of them so you can decide whether you want to watch them or not. A little warning before you start reading: not all of them are good, but Netflix makes it so easy to binge that sometimes you don't even care what you're watching. Here we go.


Stranger Things


Okay, if you've read my recent post, you'll know that I am absolutely obsessed with this show. I started watching it very late, but better late than never. Netflix made it super easy for me to finish the first two seasons in a matter of days. I mean, I dedicated an entire post to this show, it's that good. However, since I wrote that post, season 3 has come out! And boy, is it a good one. It's another super intense season and the suspense I felt while watching it was crazy. The plotline is pretty unexpected but very creative. The new monster is bigger and scarier than ever. here are a few new characters, there's a lot more comedy, but also a bit of heartbreak. My favourite part is probably the way the characters' relationships are presented (both friendships and romantic relationships). It's an all-round great season and you need to watch it ASAP if you haven't. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time and I was talking to my screen more than I'd like to admit. I'm already impatiently waiting for season 4 and contemplating rewatching the entire show already. I know everyone is sick of me raving about this show, so I'll just move on to the next one now. 

YOU


I watched this show a while ago, but I still recommend it to people and I remember that it was another very suspenseful show. It's about a guy called Joe who meets a girl called Beck. He becomes infatuated with her and they, of course, end up together. However, we are able to see just how obsessed Joe is. Let's just say it's borderline creepy. Actually, it is fully creepy. He is a bit of a psycho, and that's what makes the show so good. It's interesting to see how he thinks and acts, but also how clueless Beck is. It's also a little worrying to think that someone we know could be just like Joe, cause he seems like a totally normal person. That's the fun part - you'd never tell there was something wrong with him. If you think I've spoiled the show for you, don't worry - there are a lot of surprises coming your way. Again, it's very exciting, intense and full of surprises and plot twists. It makes you think a little bit as it is very realistic, unfortunately. So, Penn Badgley goes from being a creepy, spying guy running Gossip Girl to being a creepy stalker. I guess some things never change. 

Friends From College


This show is so interesting! Unfortunately, it was canceled after 2 seasons, but it's still worth watching. It is about a group of friends from college who are in their 40s who reunite and start hanging out again. It's interesting to see the dynamic of their group because it's very dysfunctional. They basically act the same way they did in college when they're together. There are also some affairs going on and it's fun to see that some of these things don't only happen in groups of teenage friends. This is probably the most realistic show in this entire post. There is just enough drama for it to be interesting to watch, but not so much that it's unbelievable. If you want a show you can finish quickly, I do recommend this one, I enjoyed it a lot. 

Sex Education


I enjoyed watching this show because it's very different from any show I've ever watched. The main character is a teenage boy whose mom is a sex therapist. Along with his newfound friend, he starts a ''sex clinic'' in his high school where he starts giving sex advice to his classmates. It's a fun approach and it's nice to see a high school show that's different from all the others. If I remember correctly, each episode focuses on one student's issue. Of course, there are some love scenes, you can't go without those. There are a few elements of a typical high school show, but it's not overbearing and annoying. It's a fun watch, give it a try.

Bonding


This is another show that was pretty unexpected and different from anything else I've watched. It's got 7 episodes that are short but sweet. It's about a girl who studies psychology in college but is a dominatrix by profession. She asks her gay friend from high school to help her out and be her security guard basically. He ends up really enjoying working with her and they become partners in a weird way. Because the episodes are so short and the topic is so unique, it really holds your attention and it's easy to finish it in one sitting. 

Insatiable


Remember when I said not all of these shows were good? Well, this is the one I was referring to. This is the weirdest show I've ever watched and I am almost embarrassed that I watched the entire thing. I don't even know how to explain it, but I'll do my best. 
It's about a girl who is overweight and bullied. At one point, she ends up in hospital and loses weight during her time there, but she also becomes a pretty horrible person. At the same time, we follow a man who is a lawyer, but who is also obsessed with coaching girls for beauty pageants. They end up meeting each other and he decides she is the perfect girl for a pageant. She, the crazy teenage girl, develops a weird crush on the older man who's coaching her. We get to see how their (non-romantic) relationship affects both of them and their families. A lot of weird things happen and I guess the reason I watched it till the end was the fact that you really can't know what's coming. There's drama, jealousy, love, cheating, murder (???), attempted polyamory and much more. If you're in the mood to watch a completely bizarre show, this is the one for you.

There you go. That's all for today. If you decide to watch one (or more) of these, I hope you enjoy and make sure to let me know what you think of it. Leave a comment below if you've already watched any of these and you have opinions on them. Share your favourite shows and I'll talk to you soon, I promise. 


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am thinking about starting to watch You and you definitely helped me in my choise. And lately I hear a lot about Stranger Things and I am definitely going to watch it. Thank youuuu! 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I helped! Enjoy and let me know what you think of them when you watch them :) xx

      Delete