February Recommendations | 2018

by - 08:00


This might shock you, but this month I've actually been trying things. What a turn of events. I am here today to share some of those things with you lot.

○ February album: Blackbear - digital druglord
I have been annoying every single person that I know by talking about Blackbear these past few weeks. I stumbled upon his song do re mi one day and I became obsessed with it, so I decided to listen to the rest of the album. It's safe to say that I haven't really listened to much else ever since. I am sorry to everyone I've annoyed, but I couldn't help it. Blackbear is an RnB/hip-hop artist and the reason I love this album so much is mainly the lyrics. He's really savage and has got some really funny puns. I don't even know how to explain it, but I just love the whole vibe of the album and I would recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of music. My favourite songs are chateau, make daddy proud and i miss the old u.

○ February book: Fredrik Backman - A Man Called Ove
Fredrick Backman is a Swedish author so this book is sort of close to my heart because of that. The book is about an old man who is very strict, loves rules and hates people who break them, he's not really the biggest fan of people in general and he comes across pretty bitter and cranky. It's a really entertaining read and it is very funny. I wouldn't say it was as funny as Doppler (fave quotes) or Volvo Trucks (mini review) by Erlend Loe, but it is definitely close. Throughout the book you definitely get to know Ove a bit more, you see why he is the way he is and you grow to love him and feel for him. I don't want to give anything away, but I recommend reading this book, for sure. There's also a movie adaptation of the book that is in Swedish and is very well made. If you're not a reader, but you're interested in the topic, give it a try. The Swedish version is called En man som heter Ove.
○ February movie: Call Me By Your Name
I saved the best for last. What a movie, wow! I think this film is the most beautiful piece of art I've seen since I saw Monet's and Van Gogh's paintings in real life (I can obviously be kind of dramatic). It's another movie adaptation of a book. It takes place in a little Italian town and it's a coming of age story which follows the progression of a relationship between two people. One of the guys is a 17-year-old Elio and the second one is a doctoral student named Oliver who is a guest in Elio's family's house. Their relationship takes some time to blossom and we get to see it transform from a friendship into a first love. I hope there are no homophobes here. However, the story isn't centered around the fact that it is a gay relationship and it doesn't highlight that. It's simply a love story that happens to involve two men. It reminds you of your own feelings and experiences, it touches you, engrosses you and it feels real. You are able to relate to the characters in some way or another and you feel kind of connected to them. 
It's a beautiful story, filmed in a beautiful setting with beautiful actors.The actors are amazing, especially Timothée Chalemet who plays Elio and Armie Hammer who plays Oliver. They delivered the characters very, very well and they portrayed the emotions as if they were their own and  you can tell they really gave it their all. I urge everyone to watch this movie and then feel free to share your love for it with me in the comments.  When I finished watching it, I immediately found and audiobook and started listening to it, and I can confirm that it is also very beautiful (drinking game: how many times have I written beautiful while talking about this movie) and it's read by Armie Hammer. Go enjoy it!

That's all for this month. I'm hoping to come back with some more recommendations next month, but we'll see how well I'll do. 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments