Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter | Review

by - 14:10


Today is a gloomy, rainy Sunday and I thought what better way to start the day than to waste some time on YouTube and then write a blog post. And here we are now. 

I got this little holographic gem for my birthday from my bestie. I've had some time to test it out and now I'm here to share what I've learnt about this product.
The shade that I have is called Unicorn Elixir and it's a very cool toned liquid illuminator. It's basically an off-white liquid with blue and purple specks of shimmer. So if you're more on the pale side, this one should work for you. However, for anyone who's got a darker skin tone, I'd recommend looking through the other shades.

This product has the same concept as the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops for an example - it's a liquid highlighter with a dropper. It definitely was a bit of a learning curve as I had never used a similar product before so I needed to play around with it a little bit to figure it out. I think I've got it down now, though. What I do is I apply about two drops onto the back of my hand and then I start slowly applying it to my cheekbones. I apply it with my fingers and I like to take my time to blend it out nicely and make sure that it doesn't look weird mixed with the foundation. The reason I do it slowly and little by little is the fact that it's difficult to blend out and it ruins your foundation a little if you apply a lot of it at the same time. So take your sweet time and remember that less is more. When you apply it properly, you'll find yourself staring at the mirror and admiring your model-like skin. Models always have amazing skin with a gorgeous glow to it, and when I apply this highlighter I feel like my skin is a little bit closer to that look. 
Depending on the look I'm going for, sometimes I will go over it with a powder and other times I'll just set the rest of my face and leave my cheekbones powderless. If i'm going for a blinding highlight look, I'll apply a powder highlighter on top of this one for that extra bit of glow. When I don't feel extra and I stick to only one highlighter, it gives me that ''lit from within with a note of purple'' look.
If you are a fan of highlighter, I recommend trying this one for sure. It's fun to play with and you'll definitely get tons of compliments. 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments