New Year's Goals

by - 08:00


Well, happy New Year everybody! Let's hope 2018 treats us all well. 
I've been the worst blogger ever these past two months and I will try my best to stop this little hiatus I've taken. I've been preparing exams, moving out of my apartment and into the student dorm and sorting my life out. Alongside all that, I've felt pretty uninspired, but I'm hoping that will all change in the new year and I'll get back on track with posting once a week. 
Today I thought I'd chat a little about some things I'd like to do in 2018. I'm not calling them resolutions because those never work out. These are simply some ideas and goals that I've compiled. 

1) Walk more and get out of the house more! I am someone who can easily not get outside for days and just spend all my time in my room, more specifically in my bed. Well, that is not good for my body or for my mind. So I've made it my mission to leave my house every day and at least take a walk to the grocery store and climb some stairs. 
2) Refrain from making negative comments. I consider myself a realist, but I think that can get just as annoying as being a pessimist. I think I need to stop pointing out faults and the negative sides of things because that brings everybody down, including myself. So, I'll try and keep those to myself and not rain on everyone's parade. 
3) Journal more. I absolutely love writing and I especially enjoy writing my feelings and thoughts down. I'm not a fan of talking about my feels, so writing them down is my kind of therapy. Even though I enjoy it very much and I love reading through the stuff that I've written from time to time, I seem to have stopped doing it as much. I think about doing it and then I don't because something always gets in the way. Well, that needs to stop. I really want to dedicate a bit more of my time to reflecting and paying attention to myself.
4) I think something I really need to start doing is speaking out my mind more and standing up for myself. I think this is a pretty obvious one because it's something everyone should do. We shouldn't care about what others will think and we should say what we're thinking, say if we don't agree and just say whatever it is we want to say.
5) Read more - an annual one, but also read the news more often. I think it's time I start being informed about what's going on in the world even though it's usually not the prettiest picture. Ignorance is bliss at this day and age, but it makes me feel a bit stupid not knowing what's going on around me and, luckily, there's a simple way to fix that.
6) Become better and more comfortable with people. This is something that I'm working on daily and I'm hoping that soon I'll overcome my awkwardness and/or shyness and be able to feel at ease with people. 

There, those are some of the things I'm hoping to better myself at this year and, hopefully this year I'll actually manage to come through with them. So, drink more water, drink your green tea, get enough sleep and write some of your goals in the comments. 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. 'not get outside for days and just spend all my time in my room, more specifically in my bed' feel ya sistah *-*

    ReplyDelete