October Recommendations | 2015

by - 14:00

The months seem to be flying by like crazy, how come it's November tomorrow already? I've got quite a few things to talk about, so I'll get to it without further ado.
○ October TV Show: Scream Queens
I'm sure most of you have already heard about this show and saw it appearing all over the Internet, which should have been a sign for you to join the bandwagon. If you haven't though, I'll tell you a little bit about it. It's categorized as a comedy and horror, which is the  best way to describe it really. It's kind of like a parody of all stupid horror movie moments, which we all know are very common. The plot is based around a group of sorority girls who face a serial killer on the loose on the campus and there's at least one character killed off in each episode. Because the majority of main characters are females, it is kind of a girly TV show, but it's super funny regardless. There are a lot of famous people starring in the show such as Ariana Grande, Nick Jonas and Emma Roberts who is the queen B in the sorority called Chanel. If you're looking for a funny TV show that's very addictive and engaging, I highly recommend this one, and don't be put off by it being called a horror because it's really not all that scary.
○ October Movie: Think Like a Man
Boy, why have I not watched this earlier? It is definitely my favourite comedy movie I've ever watched, and that's not an exaggeration. It's about a group of guys who all seem to meet their love interests at the same time, but little do they know Steve Harvey's betrayed them as men releasing a book called Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. Of course, all the women go crazy over the book in hope to learn how to get and keep a man. It doesn't sound like much, but trust me, with Kevin Hart in it, you literally cannot watch it with a straight face. If I haven't sold you, go watch the trailer and thank me later. Don't wanna brag, but I've recommended it to all of my friends, and all of them loved it. If you do watch it and you want more of its awesomeness, worry no more cause there's a sequal called Think Like a Man Too. I'm getting really excited over it now, so I'm gonna move on to the next thing.
○ October Album: Sounds Good Feels Good
If you happen to be a 5SOS fan, you've probably learnt the lyrics to every single song on the album already, much like myself. If you're not a 5SOS fan, listen to the album anyway and you'll be converted. I honestly don't know what to say about it, but I just had to mention it and I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of their new songs in my upcoming playlists.
○ October Artist: Melanie Martinez
I've been a fan of her song Dollhouse for about a year and recently I've come across some more of her songs that I absolutely loved and I decided to listen to her whole album Cry Baby. And boy, am I glad I did. She kind of reminds me of Halsey, so if you like that kind of music, give her a listen. They say her genre is electropop, which seems weird to me, but I'll trust the professionals. The lyrics of her songs are very straightforward, some a bit creepy, but all in all very honest. She's got this thing with innocent, childish titles and metaphors, but there's nothing really childish about what she's saying. My fave songs are Soap, Pity Party, Play Date, Pacify Her and Training Wheels. If you like Halsey's vibe, I'm sure you'll like Melanie's as well; if you don't know who Halsey is either, give both of them a listen.
○October YouTube Channel: extrasunbeamsjess
I've been loving her Vlogtober videos for some reason. Her voice is really soothing and calm and also I've been enjoying hearing about her UNI experience. If you like watching vlogs, check her out.

That's all for this month, you can see there's not a book in here again, I've just been too busy with school to read anything that's not been assigned by my teacher. I'll try and read more in November, though.I hope you like some of these things, and I'll talk to you on Thursday.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments