the ordinary niacinamide 10% + zinc 1% | review

by - 15:49

The Ordinary Niacinamice

Ah, niacinamide - my first The Ordinary love and the product that got me into proper skincare. It definitely holds a special place in my heart, but not only for sentimental reasons. This little miracle in a 30ml bottle is something that I cannot live without. I keep repurchasing it and I think I am currently on my 6th bottle. I started using it about a year and a half ago and I never looked back. So, here's what I have to say about The Ordinary Niacinamide serum. 

The Ordinary Niacinamice

Are you interested in the back story that led to me buying this baby? Well, ready or not, here goes. I was in Sweden last July/August and my skin was absolutely hating it. I knew that I had to do something to fix all the breakouts happening on my face. Plus, I really wanted to buy some products that I couldn't get hold of at home. Then I got the genius idea of checking out The Ordinary's products. I started researching and found out that Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% was practically everybody's holy grail. So, it was decided - I needed to get it. And as you can tell, I never regretted that choice. Okay, let's get into the actual review now.

First of all, let's talk a little about niacinamide, or vitamin B3. This superstar ingredient is here to help with blemishes, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, sebum production and help your skin live its best life, basically. It's suitable for all skin types and negative reactions to it aren't too common. In other words, if you decide to use niacinamide, you probably won't regret that decision. 

The Niacinamide serum by The Ordinary has a pretty high percentage of niacinamide - 10%. If you want to be a little more careful and start slow, you'll get all the benefits of niacinamide even if you use it in much lower doses. This serum also contains 1% Zinc, which is known to be very helpful for acne-prone skin. I think this combo is the perfect choice if you're struggling with acne like I am. 

When it comes to my experience with it, I have to say that I've noticed a huge difference in my skin ever since I started using it. Granted, this isn't the only product that I've started using in hopes of fixing my skin, but I do think it deserves a lot of credit. In general, The Ordinary skincare is something that's completely changed the game for me. But niacinamide in particular helps me out a lot. 

I use this serum in the morning and I apply it on damp skin. Then I follow it up with moisturizer and SPF and that's me done. I've noticed that my skin has been getting MUCH less oily ever since I started using The Ordinary Niacinamide. It definitely does help regulate sebum production and therefore it also reduces breakouts and blemishes. Of course, I still get the occasional breakout, but it happens much less often than it used to. My skin looks much more even, the texture is significantly improved, I have less redness and my post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation goes away much quicker. I love using this product to calm my skin down when it's inflamed, to handle the stubborn hormonal acne and help the acne and acne scarring go away faster. I personally haven't had any issues with it, although I know that not everyone gets along with this serum. Unfortunately. 

Even though I think this product has had a huge impact on my skin, I have to say that I use a few other products that contribute to my skin improvement. I love using The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution, The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and a few other gems. Much to everyone's disappointment, one product alone can't completely change your skin. Or at least I haven't found one that can. But, a combination of a few really good quality products can definitely bring you great results. 

I will definitely continue to repurchase The Ordinary Niacinamide serum for a long, long time, but I do want to hear your experiences as well. Tell me about your thoughts on this serum or other niacinamide products you've used. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. 100 percent L-Ascorbic Acid Powder $5.80.
    Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% $10.
    Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% $5.90.
    L-ascorbic acid Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% $5.80.
    Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% $7.90.
    The Ordinary serum Online in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete