October Recommendations | 2017

by - 14:00

Well, I haven't done monthly recommendations in a while, but I've finally managed to compile a list of things that I've enjoyed and I'm here to share it with you.
○ October TV Show: Riverdale
I guess you could call this show a teenage drama. It's set in a small town where everybody knows everybody. In the first season a murder happens in the quiet town of Riverdale and throughout the whole season they are trying to solve the mystery. It will definitely keep you on your toes. And if you think the first season is good, wait till you see the second one. Literally every single episode is an emotional roller-coaster and waiting a week for the next one is a real pain. If you used to be a fan of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, I recommend you jump on board because Cole Sprouse is one of the leading characters.
○ October Movie: Why Him
I think that if I tell you that this is a comedy and that James Franco is a part of the cast, you'll be able to conclude what kind of comedy it is. Of course it's a little bit vulgar, but if you don't mind that sense of humour, I strongly recommend watching this movie. Basically it's about a girl who, after months of hiding him, finally decides to introduce her boyfriend to her family. Let's just say he's not what they had expected and the whole introduction goes a little bit south. I don't know about you, but I was definitely laughing out loud whilst watching it and so were my friends. 
○ October Book: Erlend Loe - Volvo Trucks
I've mentioned that I wanted to read this book because I loved the first part of the trilogy (Doppler) so much. Well, I've finally read it and I absolutely loved it. There's something about Loe's style of writing that I just adore. It's very simple and very different to your typical novels, but it's just so entertaining. This book in particular was hilarious, even funnier than Doppler and I couldn't help but laugh while reading it. He included a lot of his comments on the storyline, and it was absolutely hysterical. I loved that touch of adding his own comments and speaking to the reader directly. Just trust me, give this series a try.
○ October Album: Flicker

I mean, does this come as a surprise to anyone? I'm sure it doesn't. For anyone who doesn't know, this is Niall Horan's debut album and one that you should deffo listen to. I am not a music expert and I don't know how to properly describe his sound, but I can for sure say that it's amazing. He says he's been influenced by The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and loads of other people that he grew up listening to, so maybe that can give you an idea of what it sounds like. He's even got a country song with Maren Morris. The lyrics of his songs are beautiful and his voice has matured a lot and he sounds divine. It's a little bit more of a slow tempo record, although there are a few upbeat songs. My faves are Mirrors, Seeing Blind, Since We're Alone, Flicker, You and Me, and Fire Away, but it was extremely difficult narrowing it down to just half the album. I think you should give it a listen without giving in to the stereotypes because he used to be in One Direction. 

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments