NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray | Review

by - 13:05


I've been toying with the idea of getting a setting spray to up my foundation game for absolutely ages, and I finally got around to doing it. I opted for the NYX Dewy Finish one because it's summer and I want to look glowy. I'm not sure if it was the right decision as I don't know what the matte one is like, but for now, I'll have to stick with it.
The bottle is pretty lightweight and easy to carry around if you need to. I like the way the product is dispersed onto the face - it's a kind of a very light mist and it doesn't make you soaking wet, which I guess is the whole point. However, I have to mention one thing that is very uncomfortable for me and that's the smell. It absolutely stinks of alcohol and I do not like that one bit. I don't want alcohol on my face, thanks. That's something I'm trying to get used to. 
I like the actual effect of the product, though. I feel like it makes my foundation and powder really sink into the skin and look a little more natural and much less powdery, which is always a plus. It does look pretty dewy and makes the highlighter pop. As for the staying power, I haven't really timed it, but I do think it helps prolong the foundation wear. When I get home after a long night out everything is still in its place, although my T-zone still gets oily. I don't think it makes a huge, huge difference, but maybe because of the placebo effect and because I don't want to admit that I've wasted my money I think it works. I think with these products is very difficult to tell if they actually do the job or not, or at least it is for me. The main reason I use it is to make my base look better.
I think if you're looking for a spray to actually lock the foundation in place, maybe go for a different one. If you just want a refreshing spritz to make your base look that extra bit flawless, then by all means go for this one. 

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments