Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation | Review

by - 08:00


I've mentioned this product in my Rome Haul and I promised a review, so here it is. I've been using it for about a month and I have my verdict.
I would say the coverage is light to medium, but buildable if you really need it. You can for sure go for a bit of a more natural look, especially if you apply it with a beauty blender. I've been applying it with a brush recently to get a bit more coverage and waste less product. If you want full coverage, you'll have to use quite a lot of it.
It blends very nicely and I haven't found it cakey whatsoever, but if you do, I think a beauty blender should fix that. It hasn't clung to any little dry patches. I like the way it makes the skin look - very even and healthy and not like you're wearing a mask. I think it's a good day time foundation or just one to use for more natural looks. If you're having a good skin day, or you're one of those lucky people whose skin is always clear - this one should work for you for sure.
The formula isn't too thick and the finish is not unnaturally matte, it looks like 'your skin but better'.
The staying power isn't to my taste, but I try to fix that with powder and a setting spray. I mean, it can last all night long, but you will get oily for sure. For a foundation that has matte in the name, that's a little bit disappointing in my eyes. I guess it's just one of those that require you to carry blotting sheets or powder in your bag. Oh well.
All in all, I think it's a decent foundation, especially for lighter looks and for good skin days. I wouldn't depend on it if I were going to a wedding or a similar kind of long lasting event, but maybe I'm just too oily for its powers. I've been liking it in this transitional period where my tan has been fading slowly and especially when my skin hasn't been acting up too often. It is a nice alternative for my full coverage L'Oreal Infallible 24h Matte one, definitely. If I really need extra coverage, I'll either add a bit of that L'Oreal foundation or some concealer to help this one out.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments