Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Concealer | Review

by - 08:00

Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Concealer


If you watch beauty gurus on YouTube and you don't live under a rock, you have heard about this concealer. I, too, have heard people talk about it (probably on a daily basis) for years. About two years ago, I got on the bandwagon and tried this concealer for the first time. It's safe to say I never looked back - this is my fourth bottle.
To be completely honest, the thing that got me obsessed with this product is the shade. I've always wanted to be one of those girls who only apply concealer on their problem areas and they're ready to go, but none of my concealers have ever matched my skin well enough. However, the shade 01 LIGHT of this baby is the per-fect fit! On hot summer days, this is the only thing that I use on my face to look a bit more human (powder is of course obligatory when you're an oily mess like me). Trust me, once you get over the initial skepticism (and possible disgust) about the applicator, you will LOVE this product. I hope.
The applicator, I'll admit, is a little bit gross when it's been used for a while, however, it makes the application process very quick and easy. I apply it under my eyes to try and cover up my lack of sleep and genetic dark circles as best as I can and then I add some on my nose, chin and between my brows. To be honest, I probably get a little bit carried away and feel like I'm coloring in my face, but that's a whole different subject. I love to blend it out with a beauty blender for a seamless, natural look or with a dense buffing brush when I'm going for a bit more coverage. 
I would say the coverage of this concealer is medium and I do find myself adding an extra layer on my under-eyes (thanks, dad, for the gift of dark circles). The finish is satin to matte, which is great for us oily people. It's very lightweight and you won't feel it on your skin. I do have to say that if you have dry patches, try applying a bit more moisturizer on them to prevent the product from clinging to them, but I can't guarantee that it will work. I feel like it's definitely a bit more suitable for normal to oily skin, but if any of you have dry skin and love this product as well, let me know. 
This product is THE best for days you want more of a natural look and don't want to drown your face in foundation. It's the perfect base product for summer days and a great ally for the days you need to hide the fact that you only got 3 hours of sleep. 
What about you, are you a fan of this concealer? Tell me about your thoughts in the comments. 

You May Also Like

0 comments